William E. Hahn
Mr. Hahn has been a Florida civil trial attorney for the entirety of his career. After beginning his career as a defense attorney representing clients in complex civil litigation, Mr. Hahn changed focus and has been the representing injured persons in medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and serious personal injury claims for many years. Mr. Hahn is based in Tampa and represents clients throughout the west coast of Florida.
Mr. Hahn is an expert in the area of civil jury trials and is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, certified by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. In addition to receiving numerous recognitions for his accomplishments in personal injury and medical malpractice cases, Mr. Hahn was influential in formulating Florida's civil jury instructions during his seven years as an appointee on the Florida Supreme Court's Civil Jury Instruction Committee. Mr. Hahn frequently lectures for the Florida State Bar Association and other local bar associations on topics related to jury trials, such as jury selection, and is the author of the chapter on the "Trial of a Medical Malpractice Case" in the Florida Medical Malpractice Handbook, published by the Florida Bar.
Mr. Hahn earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida in 1972 and his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science from Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio in1968. He was admitted to practice in Florida in 1972 as well as to the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. Mr. Hahn is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
- Florida, 1972
Professional Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Florida's Leading Attorneys, Hospital Law & Personal Injury Law
- Selected to Florida's Super Lawyers
- Tampa Bay Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigator of the Year for 2009, Best Lawyers in America
- Who's Who Among American Lawyers, since 1998
Professional Certifications, Affiliations & Activities
- Fellow of the International Society of Barristers
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, since 1987
- Florida Bar Association
- Appointee, Florida Supreme Court Civil Jury Instruction Committee, 1994 - 2000
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- President, Florida Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates, 2006
- Treasurer, Florida Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates, 2004
- President, Tampa Bay Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates, 1999
- Member, Judicial Nominating Committee for 13th Judicial Circuit, 2001 - 2004
- Member, American Association for Justice, formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA)
- Member, Florida Justice Association, formerly the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (AFTL)
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Trial Lawyers Committee
- Member, Young Lawyers Steering Committee
- Member, Medical/Legal Committee
- Lecturer, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Masters in Trial Programs, The American Board of Trial Advocates
- Lecturer, Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar
- Instructor, Advanced Trial Advocacy Program, Florida Bar
- Author, Chapter on the "Trial of a Medical Malpractice Case," Florida Medical Malpractice Handbook, Florida Bar, Continuing Legal Education.
- Author, Speedy Trial in Florida: Has The Defendant's Shield Become His Sword?, University of Florida Law Review, Vol. XXIV (1972)
Pro Bono Activities
- Bay Area Legal Services, Inc.
- Hillsborough County Crisis Center, Inc.
- J.D., University of Florida School of Law, 1972
- B.A., Economics and Political Science, Marietta College, 1968
University of Florida School of Law
- Member, Editorial Board, University of Florida Law Review
- Galley Chief
- John Marshall Bar Association